Grab This Script
Hunt the Wumpus
- You are hunting the wumpus in a completely dark cave system.
Each cavern is connected to 3 others by tunnels. Part of the fun of the
game is figuring out how the caves are connected. In each cave you
will be told whether or not you hear bats, feel a draft, or smell
a wumpus by looking at the checkboxes next to those statements above.
- If you feel a draft then you are next to a cavern with a pit. If you go there you fall in the pit and die.
The wumpus has suckers on its feet which prevents it from falling into a pit.
- If you hear bats you are next to a cavern that contains a superbat.
If you go there you get picked up and carried by the bat to another cavern.
The wumpus is very heavy which prevents the bats from grabbing it.
- If you smell a wumpus, you are next to a cavern that holds the wumpus.
If you enter a cavern that holds a wumpus it will either exit through
one of the tunnels or eat you.
- Each turn you can choose to move or fire an arrow into an adjacent
tunnel. You do this by clicking on the fire or go buttons below the
tunnel number that you want to fire or go through.
If an arrow enters a cavern that holds a wumpus he will either exit
through one of the tunnels or stay in the room and get hit.
- The object is to kill the wumpus without getting killed first.
This version of "Hunt the Wumpus" is Copyright 1996 by Sean Lane Fuller. All rights reserved.